Hot Water Cylinders Shopping Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
In order to ensure that you are eligible to enter into an agreement with us, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years old or over.
You must register by providing:
- your real name
- your telephone number
- your registered cardholder address (if you are using a credit or debit card)
- your delivery address in the United Kingdom. This cannot be a PO Box, hotel or other temporary accommodation address.
Offer and Acceptance
A binding contract is formed between you and www.hot-water-cylinders.com when you receive confirmation from us by e-mail, fax or other agreed means, letting you know that your order has been accepted.
By ticking the ‘terms and conditions’ box on the order completion pages, you acknowledge that these terms have been provided to you prior to completion of your order and that you accept them in full. This complies with the “Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 – Goods”. If you do not accept these conditions, do not complete your order or enter your credit card details.
Our Business Information
Our Business Name is C W Commerce Ltd
Our Business Contact Details
C W Commerce Ltd
Unit 6 Corporation Yard
2A Harwich Road
Phone: 0844 504 2535
Fax: 0844 504 2536
Calls to 0844 numbers cost 5p per minute from a BT landline. Other carriers and mobile network prices vary. We do this to keep the cost of our products to a minimum – provision of a telephone helpline can be costly and is not fair to ask all customers to support the provision of this service if they do not use it. If you do not wish to contact us by telephone, please do contact us for free by e-mail.
We accept payment by Credit or Debit Card, Cheque and Bank Credit Transfer. The following cards are acceptable:
- Visa Electron/Delta
No credit terms or accounts are available.
Products ordered must be paid for in advance of ordering. This means that if you pay by cheque, then we must pay it into our bank and the amount must clear prior to the order of goods. If you require a pro-forma invoice in order to raise a cheque for the goods, please contact us as we would be pleased to arrange this for you.
Credit Card Processing
We do not take orders over the telephone.
We do not accept credit card details here at our office. All card transactions are made separately using the LloydsTSB SecPay service. This means that your credit card details are safe and secure and are not handled by a person.
Description of Goods or Services
The goods are described on the individual product pages. From time to time, manufacturers alter their designs slightly. Although we take every care to ensure that the product image displayed on the website is correct, there may be slight variations to the end product compared to the site image.
Wherever available to us, we provide technical documentation and fitting instructions on the individual product pages. If there is insufficient information for your buying decision, please do contact our sales team, who will be happy to make further enquiries with the manufacturer on your behalf. Manufacturer guarantees are offered for the quality of manufacture and the materials used to manufacture the goods.
The guarantee only covers use for which the product was designed. All guarantees are the responsibility of the manufacturer, except where products are guaranteed directly by C W Commerce Ltd. All our items are designed for UK installation only. If you choose to install your goods outside of the UK, you do this at your own risk. Manufacturer guarantees will not apply in this case.
Prices and Tax
The individual product page on our website lists the price of the product including VAT. The shipping preparation is calculated on the final page prior to entering credit card details. Our shopping cart system then divides your order into the non-VAT price for the goods, the cost of shipping preparation and then finally the VAT for you.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure our prices are correct, there may be occasions when we discover that a product from over 8000 currently listed has been mis-priced. In such instances, we will remove the product from sale and edit it. In such circumstances, we would not be able to honour the incorrect price. We reserve the right to change any advertised price at any time. This is because the price of materials, such as base metals, and the cost of production and carriage, and therefore our purchase costs change regularly. We amend our prices as soon as possible after being advised by manufacturers of the changes.
Out of Stock items
In the event that the product you requested is out of stock, we will contact you by e-mail to offer you an alternative product. It is your decision whether to accept this alternative, or cancel your order. Until we receive written (e-mail) confirmation of your decision, your order will be held over.
Preparation for Delivery, Shipping Charges and Delivery Dates.
All our goods are specially prepared for delivery. For larger items, this means that we construct a supported pallet to ensure a safe delivery. On smaller items, care is taken to ensure that the finished product is securely wrapped for courier delivery or Royal Mail shipping.
- Shipping is a separate product you may purchase from us. Shipping is a ‘one-shot’ service provided by third parties on our behalf. In the event of a product return (excluding damaged or faulty goods), shipping will not be refunded as the separate service contract (ie delivery) has been fulfilled.
- You may complete the order using the ‘collection/non-delivery’ option and arrange your own shipping of the goods, however we would advise you that in the event of damage during transit, you would need to claim from your own courier, which, from our previous experience can be a lengthy process. You would then need to arrange a replacement product to be re-shipped to you at your own expense. It is for this reason that we recommend you use our shipping contract.
- Any shipping charges to return goods to ourselves (excluding for damaged or faulty goods) will be the responsibility of the purchaser. This means that if you change your mind about your products once they have been delivered, you will not receive a refund for the completed shipping contract.
- Some goods need to be ordered in from manufacturers. This includes, but is not limited to, larger items, such as some baths, bathroom suites and shower enclosures. Where goods need to be ordered in, we will inform the customer and advise of a prospective shipping date.
- Palleted goods can take up to 3 working days to be delivered, once the goods have been received by our warehouse. When your goods arrive at your local pallet depot, you will receive a call to confirm a convenient time for your delivery. This means that you do not have to wait in until your goods arrive.
- Courier goods usually take 1 working day to be delivered, with the exception of certain areas of the UK such as the ‘highlands and islands’ of Scotland and other, difficult-to-reach locations. If you are not in when a delivery is attempted, an ‘attempted delivery card’ will be left at your home with a contact number for your local courier depot. Please contact them to arrange a suitable re-delivery date.
- Smaller goods are shipped by Royal Mail’s first class post.
- Where goods have to be ordered in from our suppliers, the turnaround time may be up to four weeks. Most products will not take this long, however certain items, such as some baths and shower enclosures have to be made to order and therefore take more time to be delivered to our warehouse.
- No guarantees are offered for delivery timescales (this would significantly increase the shipping prices). We therefore respectfully ask that you do not arrange for a plumber or other tradesperson to fit your goods until you have received and checked your order. We cannot be held responsible for wasted tradesperson visits and charges incurred as a result.
- If, for any reason, your goods will take longer than 30 days to be delivered to you, we will notify you by e-mail. In the rare event of delayed delivery (in excess of 30 days) you have the choice to either wait for the goods to be delivered, or request a complete refund. Requests for refunds must be made in writing by e-mail, fax or letter.
Right to Cancel and the Returning of Goods
The distance selling regulations are confusing, but we have taken the time and trouble to investigate this in full.
- You are within your right to cancel an order placed with us, up to 7 days from the date your order is delivered.
- If the goods have not been shipped, then we will refund your shipping costs along with the cost of goods (less any other charges).
- If the goods have already been shipped (ie the shipping contract has been fulfilled, or partially fulfilled if the goods are in transit), then you will not receive a refund of your shipping charges.
- If you wish to return goods to us, please inform us by e-mail within 7 days of receiving your goods.
- If you do return goods to us, then you have a ‘duty of care’ to ensure that they are in a saleable condition (including the boxes, guarantees, instructions and packaging) with all parts included and no components defaced.
- It is part of this contract that you suitably package the goods and arrange a safe return carriage to us at your own expense.
A ‘returned goods’ form is available from our sales team, who will be happy to send the document to you for completion. This helps us to handle the return in our warehouse efficiently and ensure that you are correctly reimbursed.
- In the event that your goods are damaged on a return journey arranged by you, you will not receive a refund and must make a claim against the carrying company. It is therefore in your interests to take a photo of your goods prior to shipping and ensure your product has the relevant carriage insurance to cover the cost of replacement.
- If we have to order your goods in to our warehouse (i.e. we do not stock it), there is usually a re-stocking charge of 25% incurred by the supplier, which we must pass on to you in the event of your returning goods. By agreeing to these terms and conditions and proceeding with an order, you accept that if you subsequently decide you do not wish to keep the product, you will receive a refund less the re-stocking charge.
If you order an item that has to be personalized, altered, or otherwise changed, this is regarded as a ‘special’ and normal distance selling regulations regarding refunds do not apply. No refunds can be offered for one-off items.
We cannot supply or provide compensation towards the re-fitting of an item in the event that said item either needs to be returned or for which a replacement has already been issued.
We cannot supply or provide compensation towards the hiring or supplying of a plumber to re-fit an item in the event that said item either needs to be returned or for which a replacement has already been issued.
When your order arrives, you will be asked to sign to say that you have received the goods and that they are in good condition.